Our Love Story: Chapter 1

Friday, June 08, 2018

I’m so excited to share our love story today! I can’t believe it’s been 3 years and I’ve never written it down. It starts in little Rexburg Idaho. I had just gotten dumped by this guy I was dating and it sucked because I “thought” we were perfect for each other. In theory we were perfect for each other. We were both from California, he was very hard working and we had similar personalities and had lots of the same friends. He had broken up with me a few times, so this was nothing new. I was devastated of course, and I cried all night. The next couple of weeks, I was on Tinder trying to meet my rebound. Haha. I went on like 100 dates that month, just ask my roommates. I even met a short Russian guy named Sven who I became good friends with, and he had a super cool name.

 But....tinder is tricky. The guys would come pick me up and I was like, “who the heck are you?” They didn’t look like their pictures most of the time, and I just didn’t click well with anyone. I was starting to feel discouraged and fell prone to my old thinking patterns of dying an old maid. I remember talking to my roommate Allison, telling her I honestly didn’t think I would ever meet the right guy. “I’m never going to get married. I’m going to die alone or have to settle for someone I don’t even like!” Classic dramatic recently-dumped girl thoughts. 

Here’s where it gets good. The next day I matched with this cute tall muscular man. His name was Matt. Of course, I didn’t message him right away. (I didn’t want to seem desperate). That night Allison and I went to the gym. We were walking back to our apartment and we’re passing the basketball courts when I see Matt! He was playing basketball and I couldn't stop staring! I freaked out at Allison and was like “that’s the guy! That’s the hot guy from tinder!” We walked passed the courts at least 3 times, and later on Matt told me that he totally saw us creepin and thought it was hilarious! 

Shortly after the creepin, he messaged me on Tinder and asked me out using this phrase... “since we have like 60 friends in common, I’m going to use a little deductive reasoning and say we will get along well.” I’m dying right now! He picked me up on a week night and when I opened the door, all I remember doing was smiling. I couldn’t believe how beautiful he was. We went to the park, made foil boats, raced them in the river, played frisbee golf, wrote poems with chalk, made smoothies, and watched Forest Gump. All in one day. It was the best date ever. 

The next day he asked me to go to the drive-in with him to see Avengers. His roommates were all going together. I jumped up and down screaming when he asked. I honestly didn’t know if he liked me. At the drive-in, there wasn’t room for us in the car, so we couldn’t hear any of the sound to the movie. We cuddled with blankets on the ground and made up our own movie script. I would speak for the girl parts, and Matt would speak for the guys. I remember laughing a lot and never wanting to go home. I quickly realized that Matt was different than any guy I had ever been with. He was energetic, adventurous, passionate, and I absolutely loved being around him. 

After that, we hung out every single day. It was summertime, so we did everything under the sun. We camped, hiked, ran together, worked out together, explored Idaho, rode all around town on Matt’s bike, and told each other I love you right away because we couldn’t contain it. 

I knew right away that he was the guy for me. Looking back on our adventures make me smile because I can’t wait for all the adventures ahead! I encourage all of you guys to write down your love stories and keep a journal because you never know when your husband/wife will come along:) 

Pictures taken by the Lovely https://www.facebook.com/raney94





































4 comments:

  1. Cassie I LOVE these pictures, they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love your love story, especially reading about more of the details, all the smiles and excitement. I LOVE that that's conveyed in these pictures. Just such happy content simple love, just being together. With the ocean! Agh. There is nothing better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Writing it down was way more amazing than I thought. It brought me back to those early days and I remembered things that I forgot even happened. :)

      Delete
    2. BTW I LOVE your blog. Its so nice to see what you guys are up to:)

      Delete

Tell me what YOU think!

Powered by Blogger.