Golden hour & My rant on Feminism

Friday, May 25, 2018

Feminism & Marriage

This is a topic I am really excited about, and one I have thought about a ton. With the growing feministic trend, there are so many opinions and ideas out there that are screaming for our attention. I want to focus more on love and acceptance. 

Men and woman are different and have been from the beginning of time. Different is not bad. Each person is an individual and both woman and men have their own set of individual and gender traits. With the growing number of working woman in the world, ideas about responsibilities can get confusing. Should men or woman be the primary bread winner? What happens when children are a factor? Should children be a deciding factor? I have determined that it comes down to one thing: YOUR DECISION and YOUR POSITION IN LIFE. What I mean by this, is what do you want out of life and what do you have to do in your life?

I discussed this with my sister on a long road trip. She is married to an amazing man who is a doctor and people often ask her if she feels suppressed by her husband. She told me this and said, “are people serious? I am freaking 22, I met a guy who is done with medical school, we just bought a house and a puppy, and I get to stay home and do whatever I want! I am so lucky.”

What do you want? This life may not be for everyone. If you are a woman who has career goals, go for them! If you want to fall in love and start a family, do it! Find someone who will support you and your dreams, and things will work out, but don’t judge people for making different decisions than you.

What do you need? Many men and woman have lives they didn’t plan for, or even want. In this case, in order to live with our decisions, we need to make the best out of it. My mom for example…she works full time as a Math teacher. She had 8 children and I am pretty sure, working was never in her plan. Circumstances changed and required her to start working. What did she do? She went back to school and made a career for herself. She never doubted it and she is now a hard-working member of her community. She has a different life than the one she started with, and that is ok.

My point is, men and woman are people. Individuals with dreams, goals and lives. We need to be more supportive of what “our people” are doing. I have many friends with different lives, and I love them all. Be the type of friend that helps inspire others to go for their goals. Take a minute to think about your ambitions and ask yourself what you want out of life? Then, own those decisions and own your life, and let others do the same.

Thanks for listening to my rant! Haha...What do you guys think of this golden light and gorgeous couple??































































































No comments:

Tell me what YOU think!

Powered by Blogger.